Waste Corporation of Texas, L.P. (WCA) has announced a limited household waste pickup to take place on Thursday, September 7.
WCA states that residents MUST follow the following steps to have trash picked up:
1. Only household waste will be picked up.
- Household waste MUST be in containers, bags, or WCA provided carts.
- DO NOT PUT OUT ANY LAWN WASTE or MIX IN LAWN WASTE.
2. There is a limit of 4 bags only. ONLY 4 BAGS will be picked up per house.
- Or, (1) Customer owned container
- Or, (1) WCA provided cart
3. Trash must be placed at the street BUT not on the street.
- KEEP ALL ROADWAYS ACCESSIBLE FOR THE TRUCKS AND EMERGENCY VEHICLES.
4. Do not put out trash until Thursday morning. Trash must be out by 7:00 am.
5. If you have yard waste currently bagged at the street, you don’t need to move; however, it will not be picked up. Please make sure it is NOT placed in the street.
This is a limited service only. WCA’s goal is to pick up the waste safely and as much as possible. WCA will resume normal operations as soon as possible.
Note: Recycling service is scheduled to resume on Monday, September 11.
WCA’s commercial collection service is operating on a limited basis. WCA is only collecting trash from hospitals, apartments, restaurants, and convenience stores. WCA expects to begin normal operations very soon.