The District has a contract with WCA Waste Corporation for residential curbside solid waste collection.
WCA: (713) 828-1464
Collection Days: Monday and Thursday
Recycling Day: Monday
Heavy Trash is collected both Monday and Thursday.
Holidays (No Collection)
- News Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
To report issues with the residential curbside solid waste collection service, please call (713) 828-1464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCA will collect the following items on each recycling day:
- Paper: Newsprint, magazines, catalogs, junk mail and envelopes, copy paper, file folders, paper grocery bags, telephone books, greeting cards. Cardboard such as cereal boxes, shoe boxes, soda and beer boxes and storage/moving boxes.
- Glass containers: Post consumer food and juice containers, beer and soda bottles.
- Plastic containers: Post consumer food, juice, soda, water, shampoo bottles. Plastic items must contain the international recycling code 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7. Plastic grocery type bags and Styrofoam are excluded.
- Steel and aluminum containers: Beer, soda, tuna, vegetable, juice, pet food and similar metal containers are acceptable.
Unacceptable or excluded items include: Soiled food packaging, paper towel, paint or solvent containers, light bulbs, mirrors, ceramic glass plates or dishes, coat hangers and wrapping paper. Should you have a question regarding whether an item is acceptable for recycling you may contact customer service. Customer Service: 281-368-8397. Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.