Sewer Treatment Plant Under Water

Harris County M.U.D. #102’s sewer treatment plant is currently under water. The District cannot guarantee continued sewer services at this time, but is doing all it can to restore full services as soon as possible. A timeframe for reinstatement of sewer service will be provided once it can be determined. The southern part of HC MUD No. 102 is currently flooded and will not drain until the Corps of Engineers allows more water to be released from Addicks Reservoir.

WHCRWA: Notice of Fee Increase

At the Authority’s Board of Directors meeting held on November 9, 2016, at 20111 Saums Road, Katy, Texas 77449, the Authority adopted increased fees. Effective January 1, 2017, the new pumpage fee will be $2.45 per 1,000 gallons of groundwater pumped and the new surface water fee will be $2.85 per 1,000 gallons of water delivered by the Authority.

The import fee will also increase to the current pumpage fee if the user is not connected to the Authority’s water system, or the current surface water fee if the user is connected to the Authority’s water system.

Please remember to report your water usage online at the Authority’s website ( as required by the Authority’s Amended Rate Order.

What is a MUD?

What is a Water District?

A water district is a local, governmental entity that provides limited services to its customers and residents, depending on the district’s type.

Texas has many types of districts. The four most common types of districts that provide services to residential customers are municipal utility districts (MUDs), water control and improvement districts (WCIDs), special utility districts (SUDs), and river authorities.

MUDs engage in the supply of water, conservation, irrigation, drainage, fire fighting, solid waste (garbage) collection and disposal (including recycling activities), wastewater (sewage) treatment, and recreational facilities.

A MUD can require its customers to use its solid waste services as a condition for receiving other MUD services. A MUD may provide solid waste and recycling services through a private company.

While they can develop, maintain, or acquire parks or recreational facilities, MUDs are prohibited from issuing bonds to pay for these facilities. They can, however, set and charge user fees.

Read more…